May 28, 2004

Quotes for the Soul

Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth plants something in his Soul.
--Thomas Merton

Learn to see, and then you'll know that there is no end to the new worlds for our vision.
--Carlos Castenada

The old man thinks he has seen and exhausted the world, but he has only exhausted his own world.
--Carlos Castenada

Here lies the great gift of the Spirit; though we may have lost our way, when we come to that realization, we discover the path once again.
--Dr. Lauren Artress

The sage is one who has first discovered what is common in our hearts.
--Mencius

It takes a long time to become young.
--Pablo Picasso

There is apparently a fragile bridge between expecting nothing and wanting everything.
--Jim Harrison

My after forty face felt far more comfortable than anything I lived with previously. Self-confidence was a powerful beauty- potion; I looked better because I felt better. Failure and grief as well as success and love had served me well. Finally, I was tapping into that most hard-won of youth dews: wisdom.

--Nancy Collins

No comments: