Oct 30, 2011

My business is to create... P.S. I Love You


A beautiful funny movie with an interesting approach in narration: 
A young widow discovers that her late husband has left her 10 messages intended to help ease her pain and start a new life.



The transcript is from the movie: P.S. I Love You. 
It serves as a reminder for me to remember what my purpose is... ; )



--------

In the scene where Jerry remembers his first meet with Holly in the green open pastures.

Gerry:
Life had changed as I knew it.
And now it's changed again, luv.
See, I don't worry about you remembering me...
...it's that girl on the road you keep forgetting.
"My business is to create. It doesn't even matter what you do. "  
You told me that, remember.
  
--------

In Gerry's letter:
All I know is, if you don't figure out the "something," you'll just stay ordinary.
And it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks.
Just create something new and there it is.  
And it's you, out in the world, outside of you.
And you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it...
...and you know a little bit more about you.
A little bit more than anybody else does.

--------
In the last scene where she get Gerry's last letter.

Holly's Mum:
You're alone no matter what. That's right.
So go home. Go find it.
Find that thing that makes you like nobody else.
Look for a sign.

..so all alone or not......you gotta walk ahead.
The thing to remember is......if we're all alone, then we're all together in that too.
It helps me sometimes.

--------

No comments: