Apr 12, 2011

My Poem ~ Lati Rinpoche 1st Anniversary

Tonight, my heart was with my dear guru.
It is Lati Rinpoche's first anniversary
I heard his voice on the videos' rewind
I could not split myself either or 

Here i am i say, dear guru
Walking a path that 
I asked to be aligned, be an embodiment 
Of exalted wisdom and truth

I asked, what is a warrior's path?
A genuine path
Is it the same
As being in spirit all the time?

Being in channel  
Being in devotion 
But yet being in attachment
Is this the same?

Being with presence
Being in awareness
Yet attaching to love, to belong
Is this the same?

Is the dual self one, 
Or is the dual self in twos, 
In one sitting, in the same presence
Is it possible, is this the same?

What is and what isn't
What's the end that i desire?
Isn't desire one of the six hindrances
One of the mental defilement

Awareness and knowledge
Brings us out of our house
To see beyond
To see what's true

Attachment, once caught up
Brings us out of spirit
I thought it did 
I think it does

Can we love freely? 
Let go, it came freely
Can love give freedom
Let go, it came to give freedom 

It is such that we cannot hold 
If we tried, it meanders bold
Like a strong river cold
It's own nature holds

Tonight, my heart was with my dear guru

He was all i felt 
I remembered his voice
I remembered my vow
I remembered my path

Tonight, my heart was with my dear guru
It was a natural phenomenal
It was the warmest blessing
To be within this embodiment 

This is what i asked
This is what i seeked
This is what i choose
This is my path



No comments: