Nov 26, 2008

Bringing My Yoga Practice Home

Today i realised, I had nearly forgotten why I loved yoga so much.

Inspired by Rodney's words...
yes, now it is up to me to recreate and rediscover the magic that had been revealed. Many years of home practice is the answer, going into my own body and asking it to be my teacher. Listening is the practice of yoga. Nothing replaces the home practice. It is a time when I can find my own rhythm, my own breath, my own revelations. It is where the genuine knowledge arises.

"I was told early on that in science, when one invents something, everyone benefits and can utilize that invention; however, in spiritual practice you must discover the wheel on your own. Get on your mat. Colleen and I can inspire you, but you have to sweat your own prayers."

Namaste,
courtesy of Rodney, Cofounder of the Gaiam Yoga Club

No comments: