May 21, 2006

Dipa Ma

I was passed this simple lovely book titled DiPa Ma, the life and legacy of a Buddhist Master, and when I started reading it, i couldnt put it down. In here, was a compiled story and experiences of people of this very loving enlightened being who had touched the lives of countless souls and apparently still doing so.

I was happy to have some affirmations aligned too when I read of this simple buddhist lady on not entertaining social events, visits and other gatherings that are not necessary. Its true for me that to find the peace that I seek, nothing else is needed, hence I don't enjoy it and don't want it. I used to think perhaps being non-socialble was a sign of selfishness, now i know more. Those of us who do a lot of self-work do need silent retreats and hence I question this no more.

Another lesson I learned this weekend was about Great Compassion. I tend to get myself in a frustrated situation because I hold people around me big enough to handle life and life's infinite powers. And, when people don't see it, I kept wanting to believe its because they are selling themselves short. Although I feel that by getting them to see the values of owning this infinite knowledge, that they could be a light itself for others, this could be a winwin, I still questioned whether I should or if it is my job at all. frustration sometimes occur for me when they choose not to see it and I knew feeling like this was amiss.

In an excerpt from the book, Dipa Ma said, anger is never justified. And the question i had hovering above me these few days about allowing myself to be frustrated due to my high expectation of others for their good, was answered. No matter what, I must unceasingly act out of compassion and loving kindness. Even if I know better. For everyone has their journey and takes their time to reach a certain level. I could hence embrace them when they are ready and bless them with prayers and blessings while awaiting them to arrive.

I learned so many things from her already. I have found my 3rd guru. She pierced right through my soul. What an awesome day I had. ; D

No comments: